Most people choose a web host based on price but when you care about raw performance (and performance under heavy load), uptime and marketing like SEO, Facebook and Google Ads, that's probably not the most thorough selection criteria. On this page you'll find hosts that we've tried, test and use ourselves - quality, high performance hosts, that aren't necessarily the cheap, but are the hosts that'll get the job done!
You’ll find more detail about these hosts in the table below but here’s a short summary of each one:
- Cloudways - by far our favourite VPS provider. This is a new type of VPS provider that combines a speed optimised server stack, easy to use interface but you still get the dedicated power of a VPS. They have preconfigured server builds for a bunch of different applications which can save you a bunch of time. They have several different options hosted out of Sydney.
**They have a 3 day free trial BUT if you use the coupon code FASTHOSTING they'll give you $25 free credit so nearly 3 months free on the base plans**
If you're running WordPress or Woocommerce this is probably your best option
- Siteground - Siteground now have a data centre in Sydney so if you're looking for a VPS AND cPanel this is the way to go.
- Vultr - we love Vultr nearly as much as Cloudways. We use Vultr if we need a true VPS solution at a great price. One other feature we love is that they have a huge range of different off the shelf Linux distros and applications they support right out of the box which can save a ton of time configuring a server from scratch. Their datacentre is in Sydney. Get $50 free credit using our link.
- Linode - now with a data centre in Sydney, Linode is an excellent cloud hosting provider
- Digitalocean - DigitalOcean is hosted out of Singapore so will typically be a better option if you have international traffic too or have a lot of Perth/WA traffic. Click the link to get $100 free credit!
NOTE: Some common advice you’ll see around the web is that if you want a high performance site you should run your site on a VPS, but this always the best advice. If you're running a specific application like WordPress quite often a managed WordPress host will be a better option that a dedicated server. If you're looking for a WordPress host, take a look at our Fastest WordPress Hosts article.